When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Results on Paul Walker autopsy due
Authorities are expected to release the results of autopsies on the two bodies recovered from the fiery crash that killed Fast And Furious actor Paul Walker.
Walker's publicist has said the actor was the passenger when Roger Rodas' 2005 Porsche Carrera GT crashed into a lamppost and tree, then exploded in flames on Saturday (November 30).
The families of both men have provided dental records, which will permit not only formal identification of the bodies, but also official word on whether Walker or Rodas was behind the wheel.
The Los Angeles County coroner's office said it has completed autopsies, but would not release results of the autopsies and identifications until today (December 4).
Meanwhile, police investigators are examining the cause of the crash. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says witnesses described the car "travelling alone at a high rate of speed" before it smashed into a lamppost and tree, then exploded in flames.
Production on the film Fast And Furious 7 has been put on on hold following the accident.
Shooting had been scheduled to resume this week in Atlanta, Georgia. A spokesman for Universal Pictures would not say when it would resume.
Production on the latest instalment of the franchise began in September. A large portion of the film has been shot, but it is still incomplete.
It is due for release on July 11, a date that could be difficult to meet with any lengthy delay. Universal Pictures is expected to go forward with the film, but it has not announced how it will adjust the movie or handle Walker's unfinished performance.
The franchise, which has starred Walker in all but one film, is particularly lucrative for Universal. Fast And Furious 6, released in May, was the highest grossing film in the series, earning more than 788 million dollars (£483m) worldwide.