Nelson engineers hit by fire

Nelson engineers hit by fire

Nelson engineers hit by fire

First published in Pendle

AN industrial bead-blasting machine was damaged by fire at Graham Engineering Ltd, in Edward Street, Nelson, on Saturday.

The blaze caused a large amount of smoke, forcing firefighters to wear breathing masks while they tackled the fire with a hose, a spokesman said.

An investigation later found the fire was started accidentally. Other units beside the bead-blasting machine were damaged by smoke.

Graham Engineering employs more than 170 people, according to its website. It offers manufacturing and engineering, and has been supplying the nuclear sector since 1985.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree