DO YOU KNOW THESE MEN? Police search after 'vicious' Nelson robbery

The pair caught on camera

The pair caught on camera

First published in Pendle

CCTV images have been released of men police want to speak to in connection with a ‘vicious’ robbery in Nelson.

The incident happened at 11pm on Saturday, June 14, in Market Street, Nelson.

Two offenders approached the 21-year-old victim as he was walking along listening to music on his smart phone and asked him for a lighter.

When he replied he didn’t have one he was punched to the floor by one of the men and kicked by the other before they took his phone and made off towards the pedestrianised area of the town centre.

The first robber was described as asian, 23 to 25-years-old, around 5ft 8ins tall, of normal build with short black hair and stubble.

The second man was described as asian, 23 to 25-years-old, around 5ft 9ins tall with short black hair.

Det Con Louise Blackey, of Pennine CID, said: “This was a vicious and totally unprovoked assault and I would appeal to anyone who recognises the men in the CCTV images or anyone matching the descriptions to get in touch.”

Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting log number LC-20140614-1757 of June 14.

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:30pm Wed 2 Jul 14

ROBERTSLUMDWELLER123 says...

maybe our MP Andrew Stephenson knows them as he seems to know people in Lahore.
maybe our MP Andrew Stephenson knows them as he seems to know people in Lahore. ROBERTSLUMDWELLER123
  • Score: 7

4:47pm Wed 2 Jul 14

CorkyMac says...

Scumbags! Nothing but pieces of $hit.
Scumbags! Nothing but pieces of $hit. CorkyMac
  • Score: 7

10:06am Thu 3 Jul 14

Snowy-D says...

mrcool wrote:
Snowy-D wrote:
slants wrote:
i'm surprised the used the word asian???do you think the stani community will ring the police and tell their names hahahahahahahahahaha



hahahahahahahhahahah
Not a chance of the asian community giving them up to the police they will more than likely have a collection and get them onto a plane to go and stay with family back in the mother land. They should have there hands chopped off robbing scumbags
You mean just like the white community won't give up the scum who attacked the girl in Chorley? Or the scum who attacked the woman in Darwen? Are we going to chop their hands off too? Or are you having a whip round to send them to Spain?
Hey Mr Cool I don't care what the colour of there skin is , the punishment should fit the crime , robbery hand off , rape or sex crime b---s off .
[quote][p][bold]mrcool[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Snowy-D[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]slants[/bold] wrote: i'm surprised the used the word asian???do you think the stani community will ring the police and tell their names hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahhahahah[/p][/quote]Not a chance of the asian community giving them up to the police they will more than likely have a collection and get them onto a plane to go and stay with family back in the mother land. They should have there hands chopped off robbing scumbags[/p][/quote]You mean just like the white community won't give up the scum who attacked the girl in Chorley? Or the scum who attacked the woman in Darwen? Are we going to chop their hands off too? Or are you having a whip round to send them to Spain?[/p][/quote]Hey Mr Cool I don't care what the colour of there skin is , the punishment should fit the crime , robbery hand off , rape or sex crime b---s off . Snowy-D
  • Score: 5

10:16am Thu 3 Jul 14

Casper's mum says...

Cowardly scum, 2 on 1 just to take a phone.

I don't think it matters which community their from. I'm sure there will be people not directly in that community e.g. an old teacher of theirs or someone who went to school with them who would report them.

I also think an upstanding member of any community who recognises them would report it.
Cowardly scum, 2 on 1 just to take a phone. I don't think it matters which community their from. I'm sure there will be people not directly in that community e.g. an old teacher of theirs or someone who went to school with them who would report them. I also think an upstanding member of any community who recognises them would report it. Casper's mum
  • Score: 3

10:42am Thu 3 Jul 14

BB1087 says...

Snowy-D wrote:
mrcool wrote:
Snowy-D wrote:
slants wrote:
i'm surprised the used the word asian???do you think the stani community will ring the police and tell their names hahahahahahahahahaha




hahahahahahahhahahah
Not a chance of the asian community giving them up to the police they will more than likely have a collection and get them onto a plane to go and stay with family back in the mother land. They should have there hands chopped off robbing scumbags
You mean just like the white community won't give up the scum who attacked the girl in Chorley? Or the scum who attacked the woman in Darwen? Are we going to chop their hands off too? Or are you having a whip round to send them to Spain?
Hey Mr Cool I don't care what the colour of there skin is , the punishment should fit the crime , robbery hand off , rape or sex crime b---s off .
Sound slike you want Sharia Law! - No thank-you.
[quote][p][bold]Snowy-D[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mrcool[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Snowy-D[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]slants[/bold] wrote: i'm surprised the used the word asian???do you think the stani community will ring the police and tell their names hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahhahahah[/p][/quote]Not a chance of the asian community giving them up to the police they will more than likely have a collection and get them onto a plane to go and stay with family back in the mother land. They should have there hands chopped off robbing scumbags[/p][/quote]You mean just like the white community won't give up the scum who attacked the girl in Chorley? Or the scum who attacked the woman in Darwen? Are we going to chop their hands off too? Or are you having a whip round to send them to Spain?[/p][/quote]Hey Mr Cool I don't care what the colour of there skin is , the punishment should fit the crime , robbery hand off , rape or sex crime b---s off .[/p][/quote]Sound slike you want Sharia Law! - No thank-you. BB1087
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree