When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Pendle teen given interim asbo to stay away from underage girls
1:16pm Saturday 8th February 2014 in Pendle
A TEENAGER has been served with an interim anti-social behaviour order to keep him away from under-age girls.
John Holt, 19, is facing an ASBO for repeatedly harassing a 15-year-old - despite receiving a number of warnings from her parents and police.
Jonathan Jackson, representing Pendle Council, said the defendant had first come to the attention of police in June 2012 when he received a reprimand for engaging in sexual activity with a 13-year-old girl.
Last July, further concerns were raised and he was given notices by the police not to approach an unnamed young girl.
But the following August, Holt was said to have been found in a ‘state of undress’ with the girl. He was later convicted by magistrates of child abduction and conditionally discharged for 12 months.
Holt was also spotted with the girl by her grandmother, in September, but he later told police he thought the previous notices had expired. He was served with a harassment warning and said he would end the relationship.
The girl’s phone and other electronic devices were removed but her family later discovered she had been texting him using a friend’s phone.
An interim ASBO was imposed on Holt, of Mansfield Crescent, Brierfield, by Burnley magistrates until a full hearing can take place on April 11.
Ben Leech, defending, said the full ASBO would be contested on behalf of Holt and it would be argued that the order would not be necessary or proportionate.
Under the terms of the interim ASBO, Holt must not contact the girl or be alone at the same address as any girl aged under 16, except for family members.
Comments are closed on this article.