Woman rescued from Colne house fire

Burnley and Pendle Citizen: Woman rescued from Colne house fire Woman rescued from Colne house fire

AN investigation is underway after a house blaze saw a woman rescued from the upstairs of her home in Colne.

The fire started in the living room of a mid-terrace property in Clifford Street, off Norfolk Street, just before 2.25pm today.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using a ladder rescued the householder, a woman in her 40s, from an upstairs bedroom.

Two crews from Colne fire station and one from Nelson attended the blaze, the cause of which is now under review.

Caroline Harrison, a watch manager at Nelson, said: “It was quite a severe fire in the living room and there was smoke damage throughout the property.”

The woman was treated at the scene by paramedics for the effects of smoke and later taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital for precautionary checks.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:38pm Sun 22 Dec 13

3 for 10p says...

hats the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman ?
The fireman costs us tax payers much more money. :-). W
hats the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman ? The fireman costs us tax payers much more money. :-). W 3 for 10p

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree