When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Nelson teen tells jury girl's rape claims are 'rubbish'
12:17pm Friday 22nd March 2013 in Pendle
A TEENAGER alleged to have beaten up and repeatedly raped a girl told a jury it never happened.
Mikael Jalal Hussain, now 18, said the alleged victim's claims were “rubbish”.
He told a court he stood by everything he had told the police when he had been interviewed.
Hussain was being questioned by his barrister, Andrew Nuttall, as he gave evidence on the fourth day of his trial at Burnley Crown Court.
The defendant claimed he had not forced the girl into having sex and he had not been violent towards her.
Hussain told the hearing all the girl's allegations against him were untrue.
The defendant lived in Nelson at the time of the alleged offences several years ago, but now lives in Bradford.
He denies four charges of rape and three allegations of assault causing actual bodily harm.
The prosecution has alleged Hussain tied the petrified and sobbing girl to a mattress with cables.
He was said to have hit her to force her to have sex with him at a house in Nelson.
Hussain was also alleged to have later produced a knife and put it to her neck before cutting her leg. The defendant was said to have struck the alleged victim with a stick, punched her and thrown her purse at her, cutting her hairline.
Hussain, who said he was keen on martial arts, claimed he had not strapped the girl to a bed and had not threatened her with a knife.
The barrister asked him: “Did you hit her with a stick? Did you punch her?” Hussain replied: “No”.
The defendant said he had not thrown a purse at the girl or injured her and said the girl's claims of violence were “rubbish”.
Asked by Mr Nuttall if he had forced the girl to have sex, Hussain told the jury that it didn't happen.