When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Name: Mark Harper
Candidate for: Forest of Dean
At this General Election everyone in the country has a big choice to make between five more years of Gordon Brown’s tired government making things worse or change with the Conservatives to get Britain moving again. I want to see net immigration reduced to tens of thousands, down from the hundreds of thousands under Labour. Immigration will be properly controlled by a Conservative Government with a new dedicated Border Police Force to protect the UK’s borders. We’ll also keep the winter fuel allowance, free TV licences for over 75s and free bus passes for pensioners. We’ll protect the state pension and, unlike Labour, we’ll protect Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance for pensioners. We’ll freeze council tax for two years. I am proud my constituency is home to 1 RIFLES. Those risking their lives for us should get the support they need and I visited them in Afghanistan to remind them they have the backing of everyone at home. Over the last five years as MP for the Forest of Dean I have done more work in Parliament every year than my Labour predecessor managed in eight. Sir Thomas Legg ruled that I had no issues with my expenses and nothing to repay. My office has been able to help over 12,000 constituents with their concerns. I would like to continue serving the people living in Gloucestershire west of the Severn in the future and so I ask for their support again on May 6.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy