Retired Colne teacher held captive and beaten every day for 5 months (From Burnley and Pendle Citizen)
When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Convicted East Lancs rapist faces another jail sentence
Updated 10:34am Wednesday 4th June 2014 in News
A CONVICTED rapist who has flouted the sexual offenders’ register requirements for the fifth time is now facing another spell in prison.
Alcoholic Frank Doherty, 60, is on the register for life, and is supposed to tell the police where he is living.
But Doherty didn’t inform them of his whereabouts for several weeks when he had no fixed address, Burnley magistrates heard.
The hearing was told Doherty, who was jailed for three years for sexual assaults in April 2005, had a record of not telling police where he was.
In February, he was jailed for 24 weeks, by Burnley Crown Court, for failing to comply with the notification requirements.
Doherty, now of Laburnum Street, in Haslingden, admitted failing to comply with the register between April 6 and June 1.
He was committed, on bail, to appear for sentence at Burnley Crown Court, on July 21.
Tracy Yates, prosecuting, said Doherty was released from prison on April 4.
But did not tell the police he had no fixed address, and was arrested on June 2.
Janet Sime, defending, said Doherty had problems with alcohol, and other issues, and had been staying with his son.
Miss Sime added: “Every time he goes to prison, he comes out and can’t get benefits, or accommodation.
“It’s a vicious circle,” she added.
Comments are closed on this article.