When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
10 ways to tell spring has hit East Lancashire
Updated 4:10pm Friday 28th March 2014 in News
1.The ice cream van returns to the Spring Wood picnic site at Whalley.
2. Three-quarter length trousers become the mode of dress for men who really shouldn’t wear them around our town centres.
3. An Easter egg price war breaks out among supermarkets.
4. Neighbours see each other for the first time in six months as they bring out the lawn mowers.
5. Residents in Downham find complete strangers staring through the windows of their homes.
6. Bikers get the chance to charge up the driveway to Hoghton Tower at the annual sprint event.
7. Children’s bathtime toys are bought in bulk by various charity organisations in preparation for the duck race season.
8. At least one Lancashire League cricket match has to be abandoned due to snow and hail showers.
9. Holiday barges are seen chugging along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal.
10. Owners of convertibles head out with the top down wearing hats, gloves, fleeces and a Thermos of soup on the front seat.
Comments are closed on this article.