New CCTV appeal following Burnley Miner's Club brawl

Burnley and Pendle Citizen: New CCTV appeal following Burnley Miner's Club brawl New CCTV appeal following Burnley Miner's Club brawl

POLICE in Burnley are making a fresh appeal for information following violent disorder in the town last month after identifying the main people they still want to speak to.

Those they are asking the public to help identify are captured in CCTV stills.

Police launched an investigation after trouble flared in the Burnley Miner’s Club, Plumbe Street after the match between Burnley FC and Sheffield Wednesday, at around 6pm on Saturday, January 18th.

Twenty six men have been arrested so far in connection with the incident on suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder. Twenty-three have been released on bail whilst police continue their investigation.

They are: a 35yr old from Burnley, a 23yr old from Burnley, a 50yr old from Burnley, a 42yr old from Burnley, a 23yr old from Burnley, a 43yr old from Burnley, a 33yr old from Burnley, an 18yr old from Burnley, a 54yr old from Rochdale,a 52yr old from Burnley, a 37yr old from Burnley, a 21yr old from Colne, a 21yr old from Colne, a 43yr old from Burnley, an 18yr old from Burnley, a 41yr old from Bacup, a 38yr old from Padiham, a 26yr old from Burnley. A 49yr old from Nelson, a 17yr old from Burnley, a 43yr old from Burnley, a 20yr old from Burnley and a 49yr old from Burnley.

Three other men, a 15-year-old, a 16-year-old and a 50-year-old, all from Burnley have been released without charge.

The violence broke out at about 6pm and left a window at the club smashed and other damage, including broken furniture.

It is estimated that between 45 to 60 people were involved in the violence, and police have today released eight CCTV images of people they would like to speak with in connection with the incident.

Detective Sergeant Steven Acres, of Burnley Police, said, “We continue to investigate this disgraceful incident of disorder and I would appeal to people to view the images released today and please make contact with us if you are able to recognise any of those pictured.

“We have a dedicated team of detectives investigating this incident and the arrests already made show that we are determined to bring those responsible for this disorder to justice.

“Finally, I would also urge anybody who was involved in this disorder to contact us directly. We are continuing to work hard both with the football club and also the public and will do everything we can to identify and capture those responsible for this disgraceful behaviour.”

Anyone with information can contact DS 49 Steve Acres at Pennine CID by calling 01282 472083 or on 101.

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:54pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

I hope the poor pensioners that these scum attacked, are OK.
I hope the poor pensioners that these scum attacked, are OK. Stone Island:
  • Score: 4

4:07pm Wed 26 Feb 14

BURNLEYITE40 says...

muppets
muppets BURNLEYITE40
  • Score: 2

8:36pm Wed 26 Feb 14

wacked1212@gmail.com says...

Scruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuufffs
Scruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuufffs wacked1212@gmail.com
  • Score: 0

9:42pm Wed 26 Feb 14

leyton says...

why no-one from Sheffield??????
why no-one from Sheffield?????? leyton
  • Score: 0

11:58am Thu 27 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

leyton wrote:
why no-one from Sheffield??????
Because they were a bunch of OAP's that got attacked by some brainless morons, who thought they were in the SS (Silly Squad). Any Sheffield pensioner that got involved, were more than likely just trying to defend themselves, which anyone has the right to do, should they become the victim of an unprovoked attack.
[quote][p][bold]leyton[/bold] wrote: why no-one from Sheffield??????[/p][/quote]Because they were a bunch of OAP's that got attacked by some brainless morons, who thought they were in the SS (Silly Squad). Any Sheffield pensioner that got involved, were more than likely just trying to defend themselves, which anyone has the right to do, should they become the victim of an unprovoked attack. Stone Island:
  • Score: 2

4:28pm Tue 4 Mar 14

Daisydungeon says...

Total crap this story, those away fans were definately not oaps lol,not 1 injury was reported, 1 window was smashed n they were open for business as normal, getting silly all these stories now and as for this paper, a few years ago my friend was attacked by 4 asian men, as he escaped 1 of them threw a bottle at him and he retaliated by throwing back what was left of it, thsnkgod for cctv though as this paper used "taxi drivers throat slashed" as their title, when infact it was a cut shoulder!and the only thing he was guilty of was retaloating as the court said!! And according to these papers, thry received their information from the police!hmmmmm
Total crap this story, those away fans were definately not oaps lol,not 1 injury was reported, 1 window was smashed n they were open for business as normal, getting silly all these stories now and as for this paper, a few years ago my friend was attacked by 4 asian men, as he escaped 1 of them threw a bottle at him and he retaliated by throwing back what was left of it, thsnkgod for cctv though as this paper used "taxi drivers throat slashed" as their title, when infact it was a cut shoulder!and the only thing he was guilty of was retaloating as the court said!! And according to these papers, thry received their information from the police!hmmmmm Daisydungeon
  • Score: 0

4:30pm Tue 4 Mar 14

Daisydungeon says...

And sorry about the spelling in that, new phone ooops lol
And sorry about the spelling in that, new phone ooops lol Daisydungeon
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree