Fire crews called out to pan fire in Burnley

Burnley and Pendle Citizen: Fire crews called out to pan fire in Burnley Fire crews called out to pan fire in Burnley

FIRE crews were called out after a blaze broke out in a kitchen on Troy Street in Burnley.

Firefighters were called to Holly Court at around 6.50pm on Sunday after being alerted by an automatic fire alarm.

They arrived to find a pan on fire in the kitchen.

It appeared the resident had had a few drinks in the afternoon and had returned home and put some food on to cook.

He had then sat down and fallen asleep and the pan and contents had caught fire.

The occupant was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Watch Manager Lee Cook said: “Ultimately the smoke alarm saved his life. I cannot stress the importance enough of having a smoke alarm.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree