5:58pm Thursday 17th October 2013
BURNLEY Council has increased the loan offer for bringing empty homes back into use to £20,000.
Coun Howard Baker, cabinet member for housing and environment, said in a report to fellow councillors on empty homes that they were now contacting people who have previously expressed an interest in the scheme.
He said: “We have reworked the offer we were putting forward for loans to make them more attractive for owners and we can now offer £20,000 interest free for a period of 10 years.
“We are in the process of contacting owners that have expressed an interest in the loans in the past to improve numbers approved.
“So far we have approved 20 loans. The private sector has so far brought back in to use 31 properties in the cluster areas. “
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group