Gallery & video: Crowds welcome the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment to Burnley

Burnley and Pendle Citizen: Soldiers march through the town Soldiers march through the town

A PROUD father held his son tightly in his arms as his Lancashire’s soldiers were given a heroes’ welcome in Burnley.

Little Riley Lindsay, aged 18 months, waited patiently to greet his dad, Kingsman Nathan Lindsay, outside Burnley Town Hall as members of 1st Battalion, The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment paraded through the town centre yesterday afternoon.

ABOVE: Watch a video of the parade

Riley and his mum, Naomi Cook, 20, were among thousands who waved flags as more than 120 soldiers made their way from St Peter’s Church to the town hall.

Kingsman Lindsay, 21, said: “It felt good knowing my family would be here. I’m lucky because some people’s families aren’t here. I think it took them a while to find me in the crowd.”

Families, schoolchildren and workers lined the route to show their appreciation for the troops, who have just returned from a six-month stint at Lashkar Gah in Afghanistan.

The town centre came to a standstill as around 3,000 well-wishers cheered on the battalion from Church Street, down Yorkshire Street, St James’s Street, Hammerton Street, Hargreaves Street and Manchester Road.

Earlier, at a church service, soldiers paid their respects to their comrade, 23-year-old Kingsman David Shaw, from Barrow-in-Furness, who was shot dead in January.

Related links

Outside the town hall, Colonel Steve Davies MBE, Deputy Colonel of the Regiment, thanked the crowd.

Col Davies, from Darwen, said: “I am proud to be British. I am proud to be a member of the finest Army in the world.

“And I am particularly proud to be here in Burnley being honoured by the town’s people.

“The British Army draws its lifeblood from its supporters. The soldier fights, obviously, for Queen and country, but he fights best when he knows that those back home care.

“We today are emotionally humbled that a fantastic crowd turned out to congratulate and commemorate your soldiers.

“The fact that we remember is an important part of sustaining our armed forces.

“From the humble, proud and sturdy streets of Burnley and the towns of East Lancashire marched soldiers to the First World War. Many never returned, but as a nation we take great pride in ensuring that their memory is perpetuated. We value these rare occasions to get onto your streets and absorb your hospitality.”

Coun Frank Cant, the new Mayor of Burnley, said: “I wish to acknowledge the debt that we owe you for the difficult and dangerous task you have undertaken. I, my fellow Mayors and other civic guests from across Lancashire will remember this day with pride for many years to come.”

An emotional Nancy Shaw, from Blackburn, wept as her son, Kingsman Jamie Shaw, 22, marched past her on Hammerton Street.

She said: “I am one proud mummy. He’s been away for six months and I think it’s absolutely brilliant that Burnley has held this parade.”

Kingsman Conor Leighton, 18, from Bacup, said: “It’s a good feeling being back.

“When you first come back it’s quite emotional seeing your family. It’s quite good. I’m just looking forward to the future now.”

Corporal Ben Simpson, 34, from Altham, was greeted by his grandmother Shelia Haythornthwaite.

He said: “It’s emotional being back. I had a lot of family here but I couldn’t give them a wave because I think I’d have been in trouble if I did.”

Lieutenant Colonel Nick Wood, Commanding Officer of 1 LANCS, said: “It was fantastic. It’s amazing to see so many people lining the streets showing their appreciation and the lads feel real gratitude and an immense sense of pride to be able to march through the streets here and receive that applause.

“It’s a wonderful end to our tour in Afghanistan, not only to receive the support, but also to say thank you to Burnley.”

The troops were due to return to their base in Catterick, North Yorkshire last night after enjoying lunch and a civic reception at the town hall.

The 1st Battalion’s recent deployment to Afghanistan is likely to be its last.

Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:59pm Wed 22 May 13

2 for 5p says...

Back from Afghanistan are we,
Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-)

Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)
Back from Afghanistan are we, Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-) Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-) 2 for 5p

7:19pm Wed 22 May 13

janie64 says...

Shame that this parade wasn't when a lot more people could have watched. My husband is ex-Forces and he would have liked to have seen this but unfortunately he had to be at work.
Shame that this parade wasn't when a lot more people could have watched. My husband is ex-Forces and he would have liked to have seen this but unfortunately he had to be at work. janie64

7:54pm Wed 22 May 13

Good call says...

2 for 5p wrote:
Back from Afghanistan are we,
Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-)

Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)
I thought you knew, 2 for 5 p, they're our brave hero soldiers fighting for our many freedoms against the terrorists :)
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Back from Afghanistan are we, Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-) Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)[/p][/quote]I thought you knew, 2 for 5 p, they're our brave hero soldiers fighting for our many freedoms against the terrorists :) Good call

7:56pm Wed 22 May 13

2 for 5p says...

janie64 wrote:
Shame that this parade wasn't when a lot more people could have watched. My husband is ex-Forces and he would have liked to have seen this but unfortunately he had to be at work.
That was probobly more intresting.
[quote][p][bold]janie64[/bold] wrote: Shame that this parade wasn't when a lot more people could have watched. My husband is ex-Forces and he would have liked to have seen this but unfortunately he had to be at work.[/p][/quote]That was probobly more intresting. 2 for 5p

9:58pm Wed 22 May 13

kenbro says...

2 for 5. We can argue about the rationale of our troops being in Afghanistan, but these lads just did their duty and served in a dangerous part of the world.
It is easy to type snide comments when you are sitting safely at home, but those lads put their life on the line out there, and one of their mates didn't make it home alive.
I don't know if you ever served. From your comments it sounds like you never did. As ex Army I salute these lads. Believe me, they didn't ask to go to a war zone, but did a good job when they got there.
The parade was so that the public could show their appreciation. They are probably glad that you couldn't or didn't make it.
2 for 5. We can argue about the rationale of our troops being in Afghanistan, but these lads just did their duty and served in a dangerous part of the world. It is easy to type snide comments when you are sitting safely at home, but those lads put their life on the line out there, and one of their mates didn't make it home alive. I don't know if you ever served. From your comments it sounds like you never did. As ex Army I salute these lads. Believe me, they didn't ask to go to a war zone, but did a good job when they got there. The parade was so that the public could show their appreciation. They are probably glad that you couldn't or didn't make it. kenbro

12:18am Thu 23 May 13

Stone Island: says...

2 for 5p wrote:
Back from Afghanistan are we,
Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-)

Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)
What do you think about the incident in Woolwich?
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Back from Afghanistan are we, Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-) Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)[/p][/quote]What do you think about the incident in Woolwich? Stone Island:

2:39am Thu 23 May 13

gazzandste says...

janie64 wrote:
Shame that this parade wasn't when a lot more people could have watched. My husband is ex-Forces and he would have liked to have seen this but unfortunately he had to be at work.
Great for Burnley to have done this parade. Would have any other town done such a tribute to these heroes, maybe not .
[quote][p][bold]janie64[/bold] wrote: Shame that this parade wasn't when a lot more people could have watched. My husband is ex-Forces and he would have liked to have seen this but unfortunately he had to be at work.[/p][/quote]Great for Burnley to have done this parade. Would have any other town done such a tribute to these heroes, maybe not . gazzandste

6:23am Thu 23 May 13

2 for 5p says...

Stone Island: wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
Back from Afghanistan are we,
Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-)

Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)
What do you think about the incident in Woolwich?
Terrible .
Strange question for you to ask.
[quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Back from Afghanistan are we, Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-) Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)[/p][/quote]What do you think about the incident in Woolwich?[/p][/quote]Terrible . Strange question for you to ask. 2 for 5p

7:37am Thu 23 May 13

jack daniels says...

Yesterday reminded us of the battle against religious extremists and need of our brave soldiers now more than ever.
Yesterday reminded us of the battle against religious extremists and need of our brave soldiers now more than ever. jack daniels

7:48am Thu 23 May 13

jack daniels says...

2 for 5p wrote:
Stone Island: wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
Back from Afghanistan are we,
Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-)

Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)
What do you think about the incident in Woolwich?
Terrible .
Strange question for you to ask.
Because he thinks you're a quisling.
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Back from Afghanistan are we, Would that happen to be the same Afghanistan ,that no body seems to know why we are there. :-) Watch out for the torrent of abuse because I've brought up a reasonable observation. Enjoy. :-)[/p][/quote]What do you think about the incident in Woolwich?[/p][/quote]Terrible . Strange question for you to ask.[/p][/quote]Because he thinks you're a quisling. jack daniels

7:57am Thu 23 May 13

Good call says...

Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror
Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror Good call

10:30am Thu 23 May 13

Gammon Flap says...

Good call wrote:
Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror
So even after the events of yesterday in Woolwich, you convinced that it is 'nonsense' that we are under attack from Muslim terrorists?
[quote][p][bold]Good call[/bold] wrote: Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror[/p][/quote]So even after the events of yesterday in Woolwich, you convinced that it is 'nonsense' that we are under attack from Muslim terrorists? Gammon Flap

1:47pm Thu 23 May 13

jack daniels says...

Good call wrote:
Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror
what about all the British muslims that visit the Afghan/Pakistan border or various places in Africa for training/brainwashin
g? Are the London attacks nonsense? Was it just a bit of fiction? What about the train attacks in Madrid? The attacks in France last year perhaps or maybe all of the people arrested in the UK plotting to attack military and civilian establishments.

There is a long list if we really wish to start muslim bashing... You seeming to be try to deny the facts and making a bad call about the state we are in.

2 for 5 is a quisling for repeatedly issuing comments counter-productive to war against terror. By all means have an opinion but to issue them on this comments thread is disgraceful and echoes the actions of Quisling and other traitors.

It makes me wonder where your loyalties lie....
[quote][p][bold]Good call[/bold] wrote: Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror[/p][/quote]what about all the British muslims that visit the Afghan/Pakistan border or various places in Africa for training/brainwashin g? Are the London attacks nonsense? Was it just a bit of fiction? What about the train attacks in Madrid? The attacks in France last year perhaps or maybe all of the people arrested in the UK plotting to attack military and civilian establishments. There is a long list if we really wish to start muslim bashing... You seeming to be try to deny the facts and making a bad call about the state we are in. 2 for 5 is a quisling for repeatedly issuing comments counter-productive to war against terror. By all means have an opinion but to issue them on this comments thread is disgraceful and echoes the actions of Quisling and other traitors. It makes me wonder where your loyalties lie.... jack daniels

3:16pm Thu 23 May 13

2 for 5p says...

So then jd do you agree with the British involvement in Afghanistan or do you condemn it. Please feel free to answer.
So then jd do you agree with the British involvement in Afghanistan or do you condemn it. Please feel free to answer. 2 for 5p

6:08pm Thu 23 May 13

jack daniels says...

2 for 5p wrote:
So then jd do you agree with the British involvement in Afghanistan or do you condemn it. Please feel free to answer.
Then I'll feel free to decline to answer. This way, it denies you anything to troll on as I mock you for being the quisling you truly are!
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: So then jd do you agree with the British involvement in Afghanistan or do you condemn it. Please feel free to answer.[/p][/quote]Then I'll feel free to decline to answer. This way, it denies you anything to troll on as I mock you for being the quisling you truly are! jack daniels

6:33pm Thu 23 May 13

kenbro says...

The article was about honouring the lads on their homecoming. 2for5 will find negativity in anything.
He must lead a very miserable life, and is not fit to clean the boots of those lads.
Best to ignore him.
The article was about honouring the lads on their homecoming. 2for5 will find negativity in anything. He must lead a very miserable life, and is not fit to clean the boots of those lads. Best to ignore him. kenbro

7:25pm Thu 23 May 13

Good call says...

jack daniels wrote:
Good call wrote:
Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror
what about all the British muslims that visit the Afghan/Pakistan border or various places in Africa for training/brainwashin

g? Are the London attacks nonsense? Was it just a bit of fiction? What about the train attacks in Madrid? The attacks in France last year perhaps or maybe all of the people arrested in the UK plotting to attack military and civilian establishments.

There is a long list if we really wish to start muslim bashing... You seeming to be try to deny the facts and making a bad call about the state we are in.

2 for 5 is a quisling for repeatedly issuing comments counter-productive to war against terror. By all means have an opinion but to issue them on this comments thread is disgraceful and echoes the actions of Quisling and other traitors.

It makes me wonder where your loyalties lie....
I've never said that attacks do not happen, but I do not believe that the terrorist threat is as severe as made out to be by the government and their puppets in the media. It already looks like the government may try to exploit this tragedy by reintroducing the snoopers charter, the act that would let them keep records of everyone's phone and Internet usage, the poor bloke has only just been named and they're trying to take more rights off of us.. I have no loyalties to the british state (terrorists in suits) or the (very minimal number of) Islamic terrorists.
[quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Good call[/bold] wrote: Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror[/p][/quote]what about all the British muslims that visit the Afghan/Pakistan border or various places in Africa for training/brainwashin g? Are the London attacks nonsense? Was it just a bit of fiction? What about the train attacks in Madrid? The attacks in France last year perhaps or maybe all of the people arrested in the UK plotting to attack military and civilian establishments. There is a long list if we really wish to start muslim bashing... You seeming to be try to deny the facts and making a bad call about the state we are in. 2 for 5 is a quisling for repeatedly issuing comments counter-productive to war against terror. By all means have an opinion but to issue them on this comments thread is disgraceful and echoes the actions of Quisling and other traitors. It makes me wonder where your loyalties lie....[/p][/quote]I've never said that attacks do not happen, but I do not believe that the terrorist threat is as severe as made out to be by the government and their puppets in the media. It already looks like the government may try to exploit this tragedy by reintroducing the snoopers charter, the act that would let them keep records of everyone's phone and Internet usage, the poor bloke has only just been named and they're trying to take more rights off of us.. I have no loyalties to the british state (terrorists in suits) or the (very minimal number of) Islamic terrorists. Good call

7:48pm Thu 23 May 13

jack daniels says...

Good call wrote:
jack daniels wrote:
Good call wrote:
Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror
what about all the British muslims that visit the Afghan/Pakistan border or various places in Africa for training/brainwashin


g? Are the London attacks nonsense? Was it just a bit of fiction? What about the train attacks in Madrid? The attacks in France last year perhaps or maybe all of the people arrested in the UK plotting to attack military and civilian establishments.

There is a long list if we really wish to start muslim bashing... You seeming to be try to deny the facts and making a bad call about the state we are in.

2 for 5 is a quisling for repeatedly issuing comments counter-productive to war against terror. By all means have an opinion but to issue them on this comments thread is disgraceful and echoes the actions of Quisling and other traitors.

It makes me wonder where your loyalties lie....
I've never said that attacks do not happen, but I do not believe that the terrorist threat is as severe as made out to be by the government and their puppets in the media. It already looks like the government may try to exploit this tragedy by reintroducing the snoopers charter, the act that would let them keep records of everyone's phone and Internet usage, the poor bloke has only just been named and they're trying to take more rights off of us.. I have no loyalties to the british state (terrorists in suits) or the (very minimal number of) Islamic terrorists.
You said it was nonsense and I simply gave you examples that it was a very real threat being instigated by British Muslims and those from abroad. I don't care if you have no loyalty to the British state but don't confuse that with giving loyalty to the British people as they are the ones that make up the country you live in and are protected by brave men and women in uniform
[quote][p][bold]Good call[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Good call[/bold] wrote: Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror[/p][/quote]what about all the British muslims that visit the Afghan/Pakistan border or various places in Africa for training/brainwashin g? Are the London attacks nonsense? Was it just a bit of fiction? What about the train attacks in Madrid? The attacks in France last year perhaps or maybe all of the people arrested in the UK plotting to attack military and civilian establishments. There is a long list if we really wish to start muslim bashing... You seeming to be try to deny the facts and making a bad call about the state we are in. 2 for 5 is a quisling for repeatedly issuing comments counter-productive to war against terror. By all means have an opinion but to issue them on this comments thread is disgraceful and echoes the actions of Quisling and other traitors. It makes me wonder where your loyalties lie....[/p][/quote]I've never said that attacks do not happen, but I do not believe that the terrorist threat is as severe as made out to be by the government and their puppets in the media. It already looks like the government may try to exploit this tragedy by reintroducing the snoopers charter, the act that would let them keep records of everyone's phone and Internet usage, the poor bloke has only just been named and they're trying to take more rights off of us.. I have no loyalties to the british state (terrorists in suits) or the (very minimal number of) Islamic terrorists.[/p][/quote]You said it was nonsense and I simply gave you examples that it was a very real threat being instigated by British Muslims and those from abroad. I don't care if you have no loyalty to the British state but don't confuse that with giving loyalty to the British people as they are the ones that make up the country you live in and are protected by brave men and women in uniform jack daniels

8:32pm Thu 23 May 13

Good call says...

jack daniels wrote:
Good call wrote:
jack daniels wrote:
Good call wrote:
Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror
what about all the British muslims that visit the Afghan/Pakistan border or various places in Africa for training/brainwashin



g? Are the London attacks nonsense? Was it just a bit of fiction? What about the train attacks in Madrid? The attacks in France last year perhaps or maybe all of the people arrested in the UK plotting to attack military and civilian establishments.

There is a long list if we really wish to start muslim bashing... You seeming to be try to deny the facts and making a bad call about the state we are in.

2 for 5 is a quisling for repeatedly issuing comments counter-productive to war against terror. By all means have an opinion but to issue them on this comments thread is disgraceful and echoes the actions of Quisling and other traitors.

It makes me wonder where your loyalties lie....
I've never said that attacks do not happen, but I do not believe that the terrorist threat is as severe as made out to be by the government and their puppets in the media. It already looks like the government may try to exploit this tragedy by reintroducing the snoopers charter, the act that would let them keep records of everyone's phone and Internet usage, the poor bloke has only just been named and they're trying to take more rights off of us.. I have no loyalties to the british state (terrorists in suits) or the (very minimal number of) Islamic terrorists.
You said it was nonsense and I simply gave you examples that it was a very real threat being instigated by British Muslims and those from abroad. I don't care if you have no loyalty to the British state but don't confuse that with giving loyalty to the British people as they are the ones that make up the country you live in and are protected by brave men and women in uniform
They aren't protecting us
[quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Good call[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Good call[/bold] wrote: Why do people think he's a quisling, because he does not think the soldiers are heroes and doesn't buy into the "we're under attack from the Muslim terrorists" nonsense. How does yesterday show that we need the armed forces JD? At least one of the blokes had a clear south London accent. So, what are you proposing? putting military onto the streets of South London in the war OF terror[/p][/quote]what about all the British muslims that visit the Afghan/Pakistan border or various places in Africa for training/brainwashin g? Are the London attacks nonsense? Was it just a bit of fiction? What about the train attacks in Madrid? The attacks in France last year perhaps or maybe all of the people arrested in the UK plotting to attack military and civilian establishments. There is a long list if we really wish to start muslim bashing... You seeming to be try to deny the facts and making a bad call about the state we are in. 2 for 5 is a quisling for repeatedly issuing comments counter-productive to war against terror. By all means have an opinion but to issue them on this comments thread is disgraceful and echoes the actions of Quisling and other traitors. It makes me wonder where your loyalties lie....[/p][/quote]I've never said that attacks do not happen, but I do not believe that the terrorist threat is as severe as made out to be by the government and their puppets in the media. It already looks like the government may try to exploit this tragedy by reintroducing the snoopers charter, the act that would let them keep records of everyone's phone and Internet usage, the poor bloke has only just been named and they're trying to take more rights off of us.. I have no loyalties to the british state (terrorists in suits) or the (very minimal number of) Islamic terrorists.[/p][/quote]You said it was nonsense and I simply gave you examples that it was a very real threat being instigated by British Muslims and those from abroad. I don't care if you have no loyalty to the British state but don't confuse that with giving loyalty to the British people as they are the ones that make up the country you live in and are protected by brave men and women in uniform[/p][/quote]They aren't protecting us Good call

12:44am Fri 24 May 13

kenbro says...

Good Call knows nothing of history. Who do you think went to fight the Axis ?. To the Falklands ? To Northern Ireland ? Army lads.
Just keep cowering behind your keyboard. You say you have no loyalty to the British State. If everyone thought like you we would be speaking German.
Military men have fought and defended this country for centuries, and millions have died so that we can live in a free democracy. Sure, it is not perfect but it is a lot better than many countries around the world.
We are lucky that the defence of Britain does not rely on people like you.
Good Call knows nothing of history. Who do you think went to fight the Axis ?. To the Falklands ? To Northern Ireland ? Army lads. Just keep cowering behind your keyboard. You say you have no loyalty to the British State. If everyone thought like you we would be speaking German. Military men have fought and defended this country for centuries, and millions have died so that we can live in a free democracy. Sure, it is not perfect but it is a lot better than many countries around the world. We are lucky that the defence of Britain does not rely on people like you. kenbro

6:19am Fri 24 May 13

jack daniels says...

kenbro wrote:
Good Call knows nothing of history. Who do you think went to fight the Axis ?. To the Falklands ? To Northern Ireland ? Army lads.
Just keep cowering behind your keyboard. You say you have no loyalty to the British State. If everyone thought like you we would be speaking German.
Military men have fought and defended this country for centuries, and millions have died so that we can live in a free democracy. Sure, it is not perfect but it is a lot better than many countries around the world.
We are lucky that the defence of Britain does not rely on people like you.
It was the British army on the Rhine that would have fought the USSR. It was the RAF in Libya. It's the navy combating the pirates (thus keeping the oil moving around the world). It was the British in Sierra Leone. Where were the arabs when muslims were being slaughtered in kosova? The whole of the middle east and north Africa is a tinder box and 'good call' & the quisling have the gall to criticise the UK and it's armed forces while the financial powerhouses of the middle east sit and watch women and children die. Some parasites take things for granted; thankfully you, I, and many others at least respect our freedoms and the people employed to protect it.
[quote][p][bold]kenbro[/bold] wrote: Good Call knows nothing of history. Who do you think went to fight the Axis ?. To the Falklands ? To Northern Ireland ? Army lads. Just keep cowering behind your keyboard. You say you have no loyalty to the British State. If everyone thought like you we would be speaking German. Military men have fought and defended this country for centuries, and millions have died so that we can live in a free democracy. Sure, it is not perfect but it is a lot better than many countries around the world. We are lucky that the defence of Britain does not rely on people like you.[/p][/quote]It was the British army on the Rhine that would have fought the USSR. It was the RAF in Libya. It's the navy combating the pirates (thus keeping the oil moving around the world). It was the British in Sierra Leone. Where were the arabs when muslims were being slaughtered in kosova? The whole of the middle east and north Africa is a tinder box and 'good call' & the quisling have the gall to criticise the UK and it's armed forces while the financial powerhouses of the middle east sit and watch women and children die. Some parasites take things for granted; thankfully you, I, and many others at least respect our freedoms and the people employed to protect it. jack daniels

11:09pm Fri 24 May 13

2 for 5p says...

jack daniels wrote:
kenbro wrote:
Good Call knows nothing of history. Who do you think went to fight the Axis ?. To the Falklands ? To Northern Ireland ? Army lads.
Just keep cowering behind your keyboard. You say you have no loyalty to the British State. If everyone thought like you we would be speaking German.
Military men have fought and defended this country for centuries, and millions have died so that we can live in a free democracy. Sure, it is not perfect but it is a lot better than many countries around the world.
We are lucky that the defence of Britain does not rely on people like you.
It was the British army on the Rhine that would have fought the USSR. It was the RAF in Libya. It's the navy combating the pirates (thus keeping the oil moving around the world). It was the British in Sierra Leone. Where were the arabs when muslims were being slaughtered in kosova? The whole of the middle east and north Africa is a tinder box and 'good call' & the quisling have the gall to criticise the UK and it's armed forces while the financial powerhouses of the middle east sit and watch women and children die. Some parasites take things for granted; thankfully you, I, and many others at least respect our freedoms and the people employed to protect it.
Oh JD just shut up, sit down relax and read................
.......

A Very British Killing: The Death of Baha Mousa
You can get it on amazon for about a Tenner.
[quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kenbro[/bold] wrote: Good Call knows nothing of history. Who do you think went to fight the Axis ?. To the Falklands ? To Northern Ireland ? Army lads. Just keep cowering behind your keyboard. You say you have no loyalty to the British State. If everyone thought like you we would be speaking German. Military men have fought and defended this country for centuries, and millions have died so that we can live in a free democracy. Sure, it is not perfect but it is a lot better than many countries around the world. We are lucky that the defence of Britain does not rely on people like you.[/p][/quote]It was the British army on the Rhine that would have fought the USSR. It was the RAF in Libya. It's the navy combating the pirates (thus keeping the oil moving around the world). It was the British in Sierra Leone. Where were the arabs when muslims were being slaughtered in kosova? The whole of the middle east and north Africa is a tinder box and 'good call' & the quisling have the gall to criticise the UK and it's armed forces while the financial powerhouses of the middle east sit and watch women and children die. Some parasites take things for granted; thankfully you, I, and many others at least respect our freedoms and the people employed to protect it.[/p][/quote]Oh JD just shut up, sit down relax and read................ ....... A Very British Killing: The Death of Baha Mousa [Hardcover] You can get it on amazon for about a Tenner. 2 for 5p

1:18am Sat 25 May 13

jack daniels says...

2 for 5p wrote:
jack daniels wrote:
kenbro wrote:
Good Call knows nothing of history. Who do you think went to fight the Axis ?. To the Falklands ? To Northern Ireland ? Army lads.
Just keep cowering behind your keyboard. You say you have no loyalty to the British State. If everyone thought like you we would be speaking German.
Military men have fought and defended this country for centuries, and millions have died so that we can live in a free democracy. Sure, it is not perfect but it is a lot better than many countries around the world.
We are lucky that the defence of Britain does not rely on people like you.
It was the British army on the Rhine that would have fought the USSR. It was the RAF in Libya. It's the navy combating the pirates (thus keeping the oil moving around the world). It was the British in Sierra Leone. Where were the arabs when muslims were being slaughtered in kosova? The whole of the middle east and north Africa is a tinder box and 'good call' & the quisling have the gall to criticise the UK and it's armed forces while the financial powerhouses of the middle east sit and watch women and children die. Some parasites take things for granted; thankfully you, I, and many others at least respect our freedoms and the people employed to protect it.
Oh JD just shut up, sit down relax and read................

.......

A Very British Killing: The Death of Baha Mousa
You can get it on amazon for about a Tenner.
What you crying for now quisling? Do you get a percentage of the profits for every book sold? How many Iraqis have died at the hands of another Muslim hypocrite since your precious book was written?
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kenbro[/bold] wrote: Good Call knows nothing of history. Who do you think went to fight the Axis ?. To the Falklands ? To Northern Ireland ? Army lads. Just keep cowering behind your keyboard. You say you have no loyalty to the British State. If everyone thought like you we would be speaking German. Military men have fought and defended this country for centuries, and millions have died so that we can live in a free democracy. Sure, it is not perfect but it is a lot better than many countries around the world. We are lucky that the defence of Britain does not rely on people like you.[/p][/quote]It was the British army on the Rhine that would have fought the USSR. It was the RAF in Libya. It's the navy combating the pirates (thus keeping the oil moving around the world). It was the British in Sierra Leone. Where were the arabs when muslims were being slaughtered in kosova? The whole of the middle east and north Africa is a tinder box and 'good call' & the quisling have the gall to criticise the UK and it's armed forces while the financial powerhouses of the middle east sit and watch women and children die. Some parasites take things for granted; thankfully you, I, and many others at least respect our freedoms and the people employed to protect it.[/p][/quote]Oh JD just shut up, sit down relax and read................ ....... A Very British Killing: The Death of Baha Mousa [Hardcover] You can get it on amazon for about a Tenner.[/p][/quote]What you crying for now quisling? Do you get a percentage of the profits for every book sold? How many Iraqis have died at the hands of another Muslim hypocrite since your precious book was written? jack daniels

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree